BRICK

warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/richardf/public_html/dev/modules/taxonomy/taxonomy.pages.inc on line 33.

[Dunball Steam Pottery Tile & Brick Company, Downend, Puriton, Somerset.] Victorian manuscript 'Dunball Y[ar]d Inventory' for sale, headed 'List of Working Machinery Plant Tools and effects, included with the purchase of the works. | Schedule no 2'.

Author: 
The Dunball Steam Pottery Tile & Brick Company, Downend, Puriton, Somerset [Colthurst & Symons & Co., Bridgwater]
Publication details: 
[Downend, Puriton, Somerset. Circa 1886.]
£150.00

6pp., foolscap 8vo. On two bifoliums attached with metal clasp. In very good condition, on lightly-aged paper. Docketed 'Dunbar Yd | Inventory' and headed 'The Dunball Steam Pottery Tile & Brick Company. | List [...]'. The inventory gives a clear impression of the extensive nature of the business.

Mimeographed typescript history of a club for New York antiquarian booksellers, titled 'The Old Book Table | A Social Organisation | An Informal Record 1931-1970 | Lists of Officers & Members and of Guests of The Old Book Table | &c., &c.'

Author: 
The Old Book Table, club for New York antiquarian booksellers, founded 1931 [Ernest R. Gee; E. Byrne Hackett, Brick Row Bookshop; Frank R. Thoms (Thoms and Eron); Edgar H. Wells; Geoffrey J. L. Gomme]
Publication details: 
Undated [1971]. New York: The OBT [i.e. The Old Book Table].
£600.00

[iv] + 39 + 7 pp, with a further 17 pp loosely inserted at back (making a total of 67 pp), 4to. Good, in maroon plastic folder. Preface followed by list of 'Past Officers, Roster of Members, etc.', 'Chronology of The Old Book Table [1931-1970]' and 'Alphabetical List of Guests 1933-1970'. The loose leaves mainly consist of 'Extracts from the Minutes: 1931-1954'. The preface begins: 'Five members of the antiquarian booktrade in New York City met for a friendly dinner on the night of 9 January 1931. They were: Ernest R. Gee, a leading specialist in sporting and color plate books; E.

Circa 40 printed items relating to the Van Diemen's Land Company, including forms, circulars, notices, prospectuses, reports, press reports, letterheads, etc.

Author: 
The Van Diemen's Land Company [The Burnie (Tasmania) Timber & Brick Company Limited]
Publication details: 
[31 Finsbury Circus and Blomfield House, London Wall, London, England.] Dating from between 1897 and 1954.
£100.00

The Van Diemen's Land Company was formed in 1824 by a group of London merchants, including Charles Richard Fenwick (1822-1888) and Thomas Dyer Edwardes (d.1912), to supply wool for the British textile industry. It received a Royal Charter the following year. In 1826 it was granted 350,000 acres in the northwest of the country. It established its headquarters at Circular Head. The company retains much of the original land grant and is believed to be the last chartered company still operating in Tasmania.

Syndicate content